It takes hundreds of hours to organize, advertise and coordinate the studio tour. By using volunteers, we can cut costs and keep this event running smoothly. Therefore, we need and expect all participating artists to volunteer at least 4 hours to help with the following tasks: (You may select your 1st three options on your application.)
- Assist with publicity tasks such as placing Public Service Announcements, submitting news releases and articles, and adding tour information to calendars. (ongoing)
- Assemble materials for distribution to businesses, art supporters and each tour location. (October)
- Prepare brochures for mailing. (October/November)
- Distribute brochures and posters throughout the area. (December)
- Help with intake and installation of studio tour spotlight exhibit
- Host public reception for studio tour exhibit at location to be determined – set out and maintain refreshments, clean up.
- Help with studio tour reception and exhibit – assist with displaying art, welcoming guests.
- Assist with preparation and clean-up for post tour potluck party. (Feb 2017)
- Enter in Excel spreadsheet mail and email addresses
We will do our best to assign you to your first choice. However, we need to fill all areas and cannot guarantee any choices. If needed, you may be assigned to more than one task.
Important: You may opt out of these tasks by paying an additional fee of $50. If you do not pay the opt-out fee and do not help with these tasks, you may not be accepted into next year’s tour.