We expect that all participants will promote the tour and participate in tour events
- Talk about the studio tour with family, friends, neighbors, acquaintances and everyone you meet. Word of mouth is our best marketing tool.
- Distribute studio tour bookmarks and brochures to your personal mailing lists and other contacts.
- Promote the studio tour on your website, blog, Facebook page, and at any events you in which you participate.
- Solicit art supporters from among the businesses you routinely use as well as from friends and family.
- Participate in the studio tour exhibit- each participating studio will have at least one item to display
- Provide food for the receptions
If accepted to participate in the 2017 Martin County Artists’ Studio Tour, you agree to abide by the information outlined in this document. You understand that your participation in the tour does not guarantee any visitors or sales. You will allow the use of your images and bio to promote the tour. You will agree to indemnify and hold Martin County Open Studio Tour and all supporting organizations harmless against any and all claims, demands, damages, fees, costs, and actions of any kind asserted by or on behalf of any third person(s) from your participation in the 2017 tour. By signing this paragraph on the application, you agree to these guidelines.
2017 Studio Tour Fees
This fee applies to all artists. For this first year no artists will be juried. We may at a future date require jurying to participate in another year’s event.
- $200.00 application fee (non-refundable) (fees will be payable online via PayPal)
All applications and fees must be received by either the:
- Early bird deadline of 12:00 pm Aug 25, 2016 which reduces your participation fee by $50 to $150
- Final deadline of 12:00 pm Thursday, September 25, 2016: full fee of $200
- Artists may also make a deposit to secure their space in the tour. A $75.00 non-refundable deposit will secure your space with the balance being due prior to the final cut-off date of 9/25/2016. All required information will be due with application to submit for tour brochure.
- Applications must be submitted by September 15, 2016 to ensue that information can be submitted for catalog brochure printing.
Volunteer opt-out fee:
By paying a fee of $50, you may opt out of volunteering to help with the studio tour tasks described on page 3. If you do not opt out and do not help with a task, you may not be accepted next year.
- $50 (due with application)
Art center fee (does not apply to tour artists or host studios)
The art center fee includes a special feature in the studio tour brochure.
- $285.00 (due by 8/15/2016) fees will be paid online via PayPal
- If the art center has several studio artists, each artist must register separately
You must submit the following items.
- 2017 studio tour application – completed, printed and signed
- Images –images must accompany application- you will be able to submit images online, please use the following label format
- 3 to 5 images of your work (no more). File names should be [your name] #.jpg (replace [your name] with your first and last name and # with the number of the image, e.g., john doe 1.jpg, john doe 2.jpg)
- 1 image of you at work. File name should be [your name] at work.jpg (e.g., joan smith at work.jpg)
- host studio only – 1 image of your studio. File name should be [your name] studio.jpg (e.g., sue_ doe_ studio.jpg)
- images must be professional quality jpg files (no prints)
- images must be a minimum of 300 dpi and 4×6 inches in size.
Art center: an organization with the specific purpose of encouraging arts practice and providing facilities for ongoing art education. Exhibiting artists are at the discretion of the art center. All exhibited work should be of high quality and available for sale. The art center must be in Martin County, have studio spaces and be clean and safe for the public.
Host studio: the place where an artist creates and displays his/her work. A host studio artist may invite other participating artists to share studio space for the tour. All artists in any host studio must be individually accepted into the tour. The host studio must be in Martin County and be clean and safe for the public. The steering committee will also help locate host locations for artist participation.
Participating artist: a Martin County resident or member of a Martin County art association/guild, who is actively producing high-quality work in any medium. Participating artists must be individually accepted into the tour.
Studio tour or tour: a self-guided, open studio event which is devoted to educating the public about the visual arts in the Martin County area. It does so by showcasing the art, creative process and working environment of established and emerging Martin County artists who are participating in the tour.
Images submitted with your application are selected for use based on these criteria:
- the artwork reflects a coherent individual style and originality.
- the artwork is representative of what you have created in the last two years and will have available during the tour.
- If accepted into the tour, the participating artist must meet these criteria:
- All artwork must be consistent with that submitted with application.
- All artwork must be available for sale.
- Only goods/services relating to a participating artist’s artwork may be for sale during the tour. No unrelated art items, manufactured, or commercial goods may be exhibited or sold. The tour is intended to be a showcase for original artwork.
- There are no quotas determining medium or how many artists can participate
- The Martin County Artists’ Studio Tour does not discriminate against any artist because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other reason prohibited under federal, state or local laws.
Deadline & Notification
- Final deadline for application submission: 12:00 pm, Thursday September 25, 2016
- Important: late applications will not be accepted – no exceptions. Failure to submit all required materials will prevent your participation in the selection process.
- Notification of application acceptance will be e-mailed after submission