CALL FOR ENTRIES | Martin Artisans Guild Summer Exhibit
EXHIBITION DATES: June 8, 2018 to July 28, 2018
LOCATION: The Arts Council of Martin County, Court House Cultural Center, 80 SE Ocean Blvd, Stuart, Florida 772-287-6676 | www.martinarts.org
GALLERY HOURS: Tuesday – Friday 10 AM to 4 PM | Saturday 11 AM – 2 PM
ELIGIBILITY FOR ENTRY: MUST be a current & paid member of Martin Artisans Guild. Yearly membership dues are $15 and run from March 1st through February 28. Please go to www.mcost.org and pay your dues online. Artists with unpaid dues will not be accepted in the exhibit. Artists must also agree to sign up for a Docent shift* at the Court House Cultural Center. Artists that have not signed up for a docent shift will not be accepted in the exhibit. *Saturday docent shifts will require additional training. Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/EJwqdyr
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like. *Saturday shifts require additional training.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
IMPORTANT DATES: Delivery of artwork: Monday, June 4 | 11am - 2pm
Opening Reception: Friday, June 8, 2018 | 5:30 – 7:00 pm
Pick up of art work: Monday, July 30, 2018 | 11am – 2pm
ENTRY FEES AND DEADLINES: Exhibit is limited to up to 60 2D entries and 15 3D entries submitted by May 15, 2018. $15.00 per entry for up to two (2) entries per member.
Application link: https://bit.ly/2uRPCmN
EXHIBIT INVITATION: Artists who would like their work to be considered for the exhibit postcard invitation should submit up to 2 hi-res images (300 dpi) to email@example.com by April 15, 2018.
- 1. All artwork must be an original work completed in the last 36 months and not previously exhibited at the Court House Cultural Center, The Elliott Museum, or any other local art exhibit.
- 2. 3D work limited to 70 lbs maximum weight for pedestals. Artists may be required to assist with installation.
- 3. 3D work that requires special installation materials must be provided by artist (ie jewelry displays, plate stands) 4. 2D work must be “hang-ready”. Dry, Framed OR on 1 ½” gallery-wrapped canvas, and properly wired to hang 3” from the top of the frame with NO toothed brackets, and no staples showing on sides.
- 5. Plexi-glass only, no glass.
- 6. Maximum framed width to be no larger than 60".
- 7. Label back of each artwork with name, phone, email, title, medium, price and framed size (H” x W” x D”).
- 8. No withdrawals of work permitted before the close of the exhibition.
- 9. This is not a competition and therefore the show will not be juried, however the Exhibit Committee reserves the right to select artwork when hanging.
- 10. The Arts Council reserves the right to reject any art work not deemed appropriate and refuse any entry that is under glass or improperly framed or wired, or artwork that is misrepresented.
- 11. The Arts Council reserves the right to use any accepted image for promotional purposes.
SALES: A 20% donation benefiting the Arts Council, Inc. will be deducted from all sales. Please price accordingly. Artists are encouraged to price their work for sale. Work may be tagged “NFS” (not for sale).