Creative Marketing for Artists
- What do artists need to know before marketing themselves? How to prepare your portfolio for the most impact, present yourself professionally, and get taken seriously. How to understand your target customer and market niche, and how to craft a message that connects emotionally with potential collectors. This talk also addresses why people buy, how to use features and benefits, and marketing methods, both traditional and new.
Sales Strategies for Artists
- This talk presents opportunities that artists have to enter different markets, and create income streams. How to leverage your art through different formats and price point ranges; how to add value to your work; ways to structure your offering, and increase every sale. Making your art collectable; driving repeat and referral sales.
Speaker Carolyn Edlund is the founder of the “top ten” art blog ArtsyShark.com and the Executive Director of The Arts Business Institute, a nonprofit dedicated to helping artists and makers launch and grow successful businesses. Her background includes 20 years owning a production studio, selling extensively at wholesale and retail, and six years as an outside sales rep for art publishers and gift lines. She frequently does business consulting for artists, and has authored seven courses on the business of art.
Martin County Courthouse Cultural Center
80 SE Ocean Blvd,
Stuart, FL 34997
Carolyn will be available for some private consultations before and after the workshop beginning at 5:00 pm
- FREE to members of Martin Artisans Guild - please register
- $40 for non-Guild members
- Private Consultations are $30 for a 20 min sessionbeginning at 5:00 PM and after the presentation at 8:00 PM
Hope to see you there!